Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Cell Phone

I'm very confused as I have to buy a new cell-phone. All thanks to the thief who stole my mom's cellphone from train. You must be surprised, aren't you? Well it goes on like this. The thief lifted my mom's cell, so she had to buy a new cell immediately. But I told her not a buy a new cellphone, but take mine. After all she has to travel in these local trains where pickpockets are aplenty. And this was her second cellphone pick-pocketed(or pick-pursed) in this year. Then my mom agreed to me and gave me 4K in return of my cellphone, so that I could buy a new one. I had 3K with me already in my savings. So the total was 7k now.
But the problem with electronic gadgets are that you are always attracted by a slightly higher priced model which enchants you with its 'something extra'. This 'something extra' in my case was 3.2 Mega Pixel camera. If I spend around 3K extra then I can get a 3.2 MP cam in place of 2 MP cam. So I thought of borrowing some money from my friends.
Now with 10k in my hand I was confused which brand should I choose. Nokia offers reliability, but I was heartbroken with Nokia because my ex-ex-cell N-series got damaged in warranty period, but Nokia denied me giving warranty because it was water-dammaged. So I had to decide among other models. Motorola is stylish and sleek but I never trust it's battery. So I'm going for a Sony ericsson phone.
Maybe I'll go for a K790i cybershot phone which has a 3.2 MP cam. Hopefully I'll be buying the cell by this Sunday.

2 comments:

BOND 007 said...

Bahut hi ghatiya choice hai..Better will be but a simple mobile with radio..which would cost u not more than Rs. 2500-3000..From the rest Rs. 7000-7500 u can buy a good digicam..

Think rationally
Mobile(with radio)+Digicam

or

Mobile with camera

rest is ur choice

Nipun said...

look buddy....I already was having a radio phone...J120i...but m gadget crazy...ya we should think rationally but there is a second thing going parallel to it....which is called passion....and i've passion for gadgets...ya your idea is very good and I appreciate the idea...maybe I'll finally follow a mean path...i.e. i'll go for a stylish good phone with 2Mp cam costing me around 5K and then save money for a 7 MP cam which costs around 5K which I'll be buying after 2 months as I don't have any immediate need for it. This will have the following advantages:-
a. I'll be saved from unnecessary debts of my friends.
b. I'll be having both the gadgets
c. I'll follow my passion, because I can't settle for some unstylish set.

Thanx pratik for your help. You really gave me a good idea.

Blog Archive